RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10 In-form Rangers striker Antonio Colak has turned to his Instagram account to wish Giovanni van Bronckhorst all the best with a 10-word statement — after the Ibrox club elected to fire their Dutch manager following a disappointing start to 2022-23.
It had been a great start, coming in to replace Steven Gerrard who left for Aston Villa. He brought Rangers to the Europa League final, losing only on penalties to Eintracht Frankfurt. He also masterminded a Scottish Cup triumph.
But they stayed second to Celtic in the Premiership, and that remains the case this season. With the World Cup break taking precedent, Rangers lie nine points behind their Old Firm opponents. The Champions League was a fiasco.
RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10
A week into the vacation, Rangers have chosen to cut company with van Bronckhorst. Plenty has been stated previously as to who could succeed him. Kris Boyd feels Michael Beale is the “obvious” candidate, as he continues to impress at QPR.
One argument that may be thrown in support of van Bronckhorst, is that the summer additions have not worked. One that has done, though, is Colak – scoring 14 goals. He stated on Instagram: “Thank you for everything, I wish you all the best.”
RANGERS COULD HIRE VAN BRONCKHORST’S MENTOR, HE LOVES ‘SPECIAL’ IBROX ‘I UNDERSTAND’: £2M STAR MAKES RANGERS FANS POINT AFTER MIDWEEK SCENES
- RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10
- The Cinch Scottish Premiership will be decided between Rangers FC and Heart of Midlothian.
- Photograph taken by Mark Runnacles and published by Getty Images
- RANGERS STRIKER COLAK sends best wishes for more success on Instagram to VAN BRONCKHORST.
- As was mentioned earlier, Colak is the only one of van Bronckhorst’s summer signings that was successful. His accomplishments have come at a critical juncture, with Alfredo Morelos being criticised for his demeanour and fitness. The Colombian’s current deal is set to expire in the summer of 2019.
Ben Davies, John Souttar, Ridvan Yilmaz, and Tom Lawrence, amongst others, are among the Rangers players who have failed to justify the club’s decision to sign them. But Colak has been amazing. He will have fond memories of his time playing for van Bronckhorst, during which he started games and scored goals.
It will be fascinating to observe whether or not the Rangers pursue the option of luring Beale back to Ibrox, but this time in the role of manager. Peter Bosz, Sean Dyche, and Ralph Hasenhuttl are three more names that have been mentioned in connection with this position. RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10 RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10 RANGERS STAR ANTONIO COLAK SENDS 10